The University of Redlands promotes a positive, engaging, and community method of support for University athletic events by allowing tailgating at home football games with the following guidelines:
- Alcohol may only be consumed in the Chapel parking lot and in the fenced dirt parking lot on the corner of University and Brockton two hours prior to the scheduled start time of the game. (e.g., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – day games, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – night games);
- Alcohol may only be consumed by those individuals 21 years of age and older;
- No common source alcohol is permitted (e.g., kegs, beer bongs, party balls, etc.);
- State laws/regulations, and University policies regarding the consumption of alcohol still apply, including those against public drunkenness;
- No alcohol is permitted inside any athletic venue at any time, as per SCIAC regulations;
- Only propane gas grills (5 gallon or smaller) are permitted;
- The University of Redlands reserves the right to request an individual(s) or group(s) to stop inappropriate and/or unsafe behavior and remove said individual(s) from University property at any time. The University of Redlands Public Safety Officers and/or University Administrators reserve the right to determine what is deemed inappropriate or unsafe behavior.
For questions, contact the Office of Public Safety at (909) 748-8888.